Emily Lam

Website           Adventures           Blog  






Saturday, January 14, 2012

Quotations from Angelina Jolie

I sometimes forget how much I like Angelina Jolie. I've just been too concentrated on figuring out life and school work – and wasting time – that I forget things. Sometimes I just want to screw it and stop caring about my purpose in the universe. But my friend is right, that's life, you just can't get away from it. So let's celebrate post number 101 on my blog with some Angelina Jolie quotations. Yay! =]

"I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess."
Me too! I'm such a scar person. I love talking about them. Weird, I know.

"If you ask people what they've always wanted to do, most people haven't done it. That breaks my heart."
Oh, this kills me too. But, I'm a little hypocritical. I'm not exactly doing what I've always wanted to do. I'm not in the position to be doing it. I'm working on it though, sort of. Then again, I'm not completely sure what I want to do.

"What nourishes me also destroys me." 
The person who makes me cry the most is my mother. But I know she loves me and cares for me very much!

"When I get logical, and I don't trust my instincts - that's when I get in trouble."
Hmmm . . .

“If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different....I'd rather be completely fucking mental.”
I agree, such a powerful stance! Go Angelina Jolie!

“I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.”
This is me. I am so prochoice. I am in no position to decide what you should do or be. That's for you to decide and it doesn't affect me at all so why should I butt in. I also don't see the need to judge. I see people, not colors or labels, which is why I can sometimes be so insensitive. I use to go around telling people that I was mean or emo or part of the KKK (KooL Kids Klub, of course, not the racist KKK.). I've since stopped the latter two though. Going around saying I'm mean doesn't really affect anyone. Maybe no one will talk to me. *Shrugs*  But there are consequences when you go around telling people you are emo or part of the KKK. There's always the chance that somebody who is actually emo is present or was mistreated by the racist KKK, when I make my claim. And in a way, I am being insensitive to a very serious emotional state and matter, the same way insults like gay and retard are insensitive to homosexuals and handicaps, and that is a problem because it's no longer just about me. I think the reason I use to do that was because I really wanted to strive home the point that putting labels on people is lame in an ironic way. So I agree, live life the way you want to, as long as you're not intentionally hurting someone else. (Part of this was meant to be its own post back in April 2011 but I never got around to finishing the post and it fits perfectly here.)

"I often see all these people taking pictures to capture the moment and I think you miss the moment because you are trying too hard to capture it. I want to live it."
I've noticed this too which is why I don't take many pictures. Most of my pictures are taken by others, which I totally appreciate. Occasionally, I will want to capture a fireworks show or something. But my recording won't be perfect because I'm just holding the camera. My eyes are on the actual show.

"I think that who we are and who we decide to be in life is not defined by our parents, our past, the way we look or where we're from. We make the choice." (Or as Dumbledore would say, "it is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.")
This is why I'm such a huge fan of Angelina Jolie, not because she is the prettiest woman, or the best actress, or the best mother, or the most caring humanitarian, or the most intelligent and original person. But because she was able to put beside her destructive past and choose who she wants to be today. I use to have a hard time explaining why I was such a fan of Angelina Jolie because there are people like her and do what she does better. But now I understand that it was her ability to make a choice that I admire. This is something only a person who has started to understand life could realize. I would have never been able to come to that realization at my current mindset. But I'm still young, and for now, I am content just observing others and living with my own life.

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment